ESGENA NEWSESGENA publishes a Newsletter,"ESGENA NEWS", twice a year, which is distributed free of charge to individual, affiliated and passive members. National Society members receive a bulk of newsletters (10% of national membership) which they may then distribute nationally.
The newsletter contains articles of clinical interest, news from member countries, contact information for products / teaching aids available from member countries and notices of forthcoming conferences.
ESGENA E-NEWSThe electronic newsletter, "ESGENA E-NEWS" is published between printed editions of the ESGENA NEWS and is distributed free of charge.
The aim of the ESGENA E-Newsletter is to provide short term updates about activities and to increase communication between ESGENA and its members.
RESTRICTED MEMBERSHIP AREAMembers have access to the restricted membership area which
- offers interesting information about Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- provides regular updates on ESGENA activities .
Annual ConferenceESGENA organises an annual conference in conjunction with the United European Gastroenterology Week (UEGW) and the relevant national nurses' society.
Education Working GroupA representative from each national member group is invited to participate in the ESGENA Education Working Group, working towards a European core curriculum.
» Learn more about the ESGENA Education Working Group
GrantsESGENA members can apply for three different ESGENA Grants: Learn more – link to grants
- Clinical grants offered to registered nurses who wish to undertake further clinical training in specialist centres
- Education grants offered to registered nurses who are actively involved in Gastroenterology and / or Endoscopy nurse training to facilitate improvement of local educational events
- Partnership grant: Group members of ESGENA can apply for a grant to establish a partnership with another country in order to exchange expertise and/or to establish cooperative project.
» Learn more about the ESGENA Education Grants
ESGE-ESGENA Workshops on Advanced EndoscopyInternational workshops on advanced endoscopy with live / video demonstrations and a lecture programmes for nurses and doctors are organised under the auspices of the ESGE and ESGENA in conjunction with national medical and nursing societies.
ESGENA technical skill workshops for endoscopy nursesThese workshops combine state-of-art-lectures with hands-on-training, focussing on a single topic. The workshops are organised under the auspices of ESGENA in conjunction with national endoscopy nurses societies.