The European Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy Nurses and Associates (ESGENA) is focused on the promotion and the advancement of endoscopy and gastroenterology nursing. It has over 7000 nurse members in 40 membership countries working in gastroenterology and/or endoscopy as well as passive and affiliated members interested in the field. Apart from our major work in education we also facilitate communication between endoscopy and gastroenterology nurses in Europe.
- is a registered charity
- runs an annual scientific meeting in conjunction with the United European Gastroenterology Week
- has established a variety of educational activities
- regularly produces guidelines on aspects of endoscopy in conjunction with the European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE).
Aims of ESGENA are:
- To promote endoscopy and good endoscopic practice in our sector of the world
- To promote international cooperation between endoscopists
- To be responsible for the endoscopic content of the UEG Week Core Program
- To organise a live demonstration course at the UEG Week
- To organise live and video workshops in areas of our constituency that are less endoscopically advanced
- To publish guidelines
- To encourage international endoscopic research
- To represent the European zone in the World Endoscopy Organization